Saturday, May 8, 2010

Happy Mother's Day (1/25)


Happy Mother's Day to all! I'm going to start this blog (and my 25 motifs) with the cross that I tatted for my mom for Mother's Day. Now I'm going to have to make one for myself. The cross is the large cross from Tatting with Visual Patterns by Mary Konior. It is tatted in Lilac Dark Lizbeth size 20 thread. It turned out a bit large for a bookmark. Maybe I will try it in size 40 next time. It isn't the best scan. Any advice on getting good/straight scans for your tatting?

2 comments:

  1. This is a very nice start to your blog. Welcome to the 25 Motif Challenge!

    The cross is lovely, and is a pretty color.

    The photo looks fine on my computer, and Blogger lately has allowed a double-click of photos, so that you have two 'stages' to enlargement of the photos, which I like.
    So the biggest enlargement really shows your very neat stitches. I just load photos directly to Blogger from my SD card, so I have no hints about scanners.

    For learning how to shuttle tat, an excellent book (which includes a wonderful DVD) is Janette Baker's "Learn How to Tat" book, and should be available at JoAnn Fabrics or at Barnes and Noble book stores.

    I like the "Tattin' Kat' name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind words, Kathy. I need to wait until my "tatting fund" gets some more money in it, but I'll look into the book that you suggested.

    ReplyDelete