Thursday, July 14, 2011

Awareness Ribbon (19/25)


This is Lenore English's Awareness Ribbon shuttle tatted in Lizbeth size 20. This is tatted for my mother a breast cancer survivor. I need to find something to hold it together so that she can wear it on her next walk.

The completion of this motif can be blamed on the "good fortune" of having a broken tatting needle. Although this is soon to be rectified in a most surprising manner to me...I'll share more later.

I'm still not pleased with the tension, picots, or even getting rid of the space between the rings and chains in my shuttle tatting. Hopefully more practice will help. I have some more practice planned.

2 comments:

  1. Looks ok to me and I am pleased you were able to make a beauitful piece for your mother to wear and hopefully she will be free of cancer for the rest of her life.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete